Looking for 1-Bedroom Apt. or Share November 12, 2013Posted by ebmc in Community CONNECTIONS, Housing.
add a comment
I’m now looking for a 1BD apartment, in-law or a shared home (with a mature person) in Berkeley or Oakland. I’m a 48-year-old lesbian. I don’t drink alcohol or smoke and I am friendly, neat, and responsible. I don’t have any pets (but love animals and would be fine with doing occasional pet care for a housemate.)
Looking to pay about $1000/month and hope to find a place by January.
If you could pass this on to anyone who might know of something, I’d really appreciate it.
Thank you, Carol
November 1 – Room for Rent in North Oakland – $835 October 17, 2013Posted by ebmc in Community CONNECTIONS, Housing.
Tags: North Oakland
add a comment
I have a room in a wonderful 2 BR / 1 BA apartment available by November 1. It’s a great place with good owners in a convenient location.
The apartment is in a very well-maintained multi-cultural gated complex with nice neighbors in North Oakland. Other features:
- Remodeled in 2012 with modern fixtures, wood floors, granite counter tops, dishwasher, and great insulation which helps keep you warm and lowers those energy bills!
- Close to a community garden, Berkeley Bowl, Trader Joe’s, Temescal district.
- Between Ashby, Rockridge, and MacArthur BART stations. The #18 and #1 buses pass by and take you to downtown Berkeley or downtown Oakland. Easy commute to San Francisco. Plenty of street parking.
- Building owner is nice; good landlords are not easy to find
- Shared living room, kitchen, pantry, and bathroom.
- Coin-operated laundry, and bike parking located within the gated premises.
The room is the master bedroom with very large closet enclosed by large sliding mirrors as doors.
Rent is $835
I am a young-at-heart professional woman in my late 30s, with friends in the area, engaged in hobbies and other activities outside the home. I like to chill at home, have friends over sometimes, cook a few times a week. I travel a few times a year and then have guests over for short periods of time. It would be good to have a roommate meeting / dinner more often in the beginning, then tapering to 1x per month. I lived abroad for a long time. I am a good conversationalist, respectful, fun and enjoy good comedy.
Seeking a roommate who:
- can be on the month-to-month lease also (i.e., good credit, financial stability, etc. needed). You’ll need to fill out the owner’s application.
- is a female or gay male somewhere around 27 – 47 years old, who is clean and tidy but not anal, friendly with own interests and activities going on outside of the home. Who knows, maybe you’ll introduce me to something new and vice-versa.
- is fun, easygoing, responsible, interesting, respectful.
Please send a description of yourself (interests, hobbies, what your typical week is like, where you are from, what you do, etc.
Owner does not allow pets or smoking. If you want pictures, I will take some and send.
Please let me know if you have any questions!